Friday, January 30, 2009

Love is the Most Powerful Force in the World


"The eternal truth that our Heavenly Father loves all his children is an immensely powerful idea. It is especially powerful when children can visualize it through the love and sacrifice of their earthly parents. Love is the most powerful force in the world."
--Dallin H. Oaks, "Powerful Ideas," Ensign, Nov. 1995, 25

At the end of each day, as I am leaving work, I sigh a little; it's been a long day, it's dark, cold, and I am hungry. All I want is to go to bed, but by doing so I eventually must get up and start the whole thing over again. What a world to live in. The world is filled with troubles--the forces of darkness surround us continually, threatening our very existence, and yet we are to live here. What a life to live.

However, as I left work today, the sun was just beginning to set, and there was a warmth about the fresh evening air. As the sun touched the horizon, it illuminated the valley with a bright pink hue, the color that I imagine love must look like. Now, that's the key to it all: LOVE. That is what life is all about: LOVE. There are combating forces all around us, pulling us in different directions every second, but the most powerful of all is LOVE. No matter what may be, LOVE is the ultimate gift, and it is here to guide us through the darkness. LOVE is my hope, it is my joy, it gives me strength and the ability to go on. Even when I am broken--because there will always be times when I am bound to break, LOVE is there to heal my heart. LOVE is life. What a life to live.

1 comment:

Kar said...

I love LOVE. Seriously, I should tell you about it sometime.