Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cake Decorating 101


I'm no Martha Stewart, but I have always found joy in the world of arts and crafts--this time, I have decided to try something I have never tried before: Today I had my first lesson in Wilton Cake Decorating. I am so beyond excited! Each week we will be making our own cakes and practicing different techniques--next week Mom and I plan to make a beautiful Valentine's Day cake--just you wait, it is going to be amazing! I can't wait!

Continuing in the monthly theme of love--it's prominence in my life every day--every time life throws another curve ball at me, God reminds me of His love for me:

The Reality and Love of God

"I rejoice that for the balance of my life I shall be able continually to offer Christ, to offer the good news of Christ in all the world. I bear witness of the reality and love of God, our Heavenly Father, to whom Jesus gave all glory. I love and bear witness of the Prophet Joseph Smith. Through his personal association with the Lord, his translation and publication of the Book of Mormon, and the sealing of his testimony with his martyr's blood, Joseph has become the preeminent revelator of Jesus Christ in His true character as divine Redeemer. Jesus has had no greater witness nor more devoted friend than Joseph Smith. I declare my testimony of the calling of President Thomas S. Monson as prophet and President of the Church of Jesus Christ in this time and pledge my loyalty to him and his counselors in their sacred roles."

D. Todd Christofferson, "Born Again," Ensign, May 2008, 78-79

No comments: