Monday, December 14, 2009

Accept and Change


“Life can either be accepted or changed. If it is not accepted, it must be changed. If it cannot be changed, then it must be accepted.” ~ Anonymous


Realize that not all your plans or goals will follow through. Many times, what you plan is not what will actually happen. Don’t be so rigid in your plans. Allow flexibility in your life. If you plan for change and learn to adapt to them, you will suffer a lot less stress and distress.

This is definitely something that I personally need to work on. Today I didn't accomplish a single thing that I had planned to do, I haven't slept in a week so I'm grumpy, and I am missing a vital element in my life--it was a rotten day--but there's nothing I can do about it now, except make tomorrow that much better. I can't change the past, but I can change the future.

No comments: