Friday, January 8, 2010

Can Love be Wasted?


“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” ~ Morrie Schwartz

"Someone asked me today if love could be wasted. I didn’t know how to answer at first and the best I could really think to reply was “I hope not.” But, it got me thinking more in depth to that question and I would have to say, No. I don’t believe love could be wasted. I hear phrases like “…is wasted on this person” but I think they’re missing the point. Even if the person who was loved didn’t reciprocate or didn’t even know that they were…they were still loved. It wasn’t wasted. I think the most important part is that we are better for having loved. Love itself is something that improves a person. Just by possessing, we are becoming better. We are becoming more tolerant, compassionate, and so forth. So no, love is not wasted. Even if you hold to the belief that “love is wasted on that person” – love is not wasted on you."

from my favorite:

http://yourbiggestfan30.wordpress.com/2010/01/06/“the-most-important-thing-in-life-is-to-learn-how-to-give-out-love-and-to-let-it-come-in-”-morrie-schwartz-2/

No comments: