Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hadrian's Wall

Last on the list for the day was Hadrian's Wall, built by the Roman Empire across the entire width of Northern England way back when and it is still there! On one side of the area we visited would have been Scotland, way back in the day, so now I can say that I've been to Scotland--sort of anyway. ;)










I love the English countryside...

My favorite part (of course) was the Chariots of Fire reunion we witnessed between a mother sheep and her baby--most precious thing I've ever witnessed. All of the sudden we heart this strange, shrill, kind of cry, so we whipped around just in time to see the little baby bounding towards his mama--and she towards him--and seriously, I could hear epic Chariots of Fire music playing, and the sheep seemed to be moving in slow motion--when they reached each other the baby was so happy! His little tail was wagging a mile a minute--did you know that sheep wag their tails? Apparently so. ©

No comments: