Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Recapturing Beauty: Day 3

It's interesting when you begin to see what beauty may actually be--beauty is something I believe we won't ever fully comprehend in this life, only because it is to vast--but it is something that brings us closer to God and helps us to understand the world. When I see beauty, I see the love and power of God--that's why I love the Humanities, because we are continually finding God in everything that we do! :) Anyway, the talk suggested by Day 2's challenge was wonderful; I absolutely, without a doubt agree with Elder Robbins statement:
"HAPPINESS IS THE MOST ATTRACTIVE ACCESSORY A YOUNG WOMAN CAN HAVE."
And I fully believe that that goes for a man as well; I can think of nothing more attractive than a wonderfully happy smile on a guy. That's what really makes me melt. I also love when he says that
"THE KIND OF MAN A VIRTUOUS WOMAN WANTS TO MARRY ALSO 'SEETH NOT' AS THE NATURAL MAN SEETH. HE WILL BE DRAWN TO THE TRUE BEAUTY SHE RADIATES FROM A PURE AND CHEERFUL HEART."
This isn't just a sugar-coated way to say that looks don't matter; if you ever meet one of these amazing guys that truly sees you in this way, that's when you will finally know what it means to feel and be beautiful. I can't really explain it, but when a man can see your true beauty, suddenly your entire being becomes beautiful, and you yourself can see it and feel it--and it's not a kind of beautiful that is solely superficial, but neither is it solely a hidden, inner kind of deal; it's the entire package, and that's a kind of beauty that money can never buy--that's beauty in its grandest manifestation. It's the best feeling in the world I think. :)

So, for today's challenge:
Make a list of 10 positive things you like about yourself that have nothing to do with your appearance--AND 10 positive things you like about your appearance. When I first heard this I didn't think I could do it, but you'd be amazed by just how many things there truly are to like about oneself--if only you will open your eyes and look!

No comments: