Thursday, March 31, 2011

Why do Women love these popular trends?

I found an interesting article today through grosgrainfabulous entitled: Why do men hate these popular trends that women love? After reading it, I though, "Why do women love these popular trends that men hate?" I guess it's just all relative. I'll admit that some of my fashion sense isn't always the greatest--yes, I actually do love wearing warm boots ALL the time, but in my defense I have had/have frost bite and I am always so darn cold!--but it does make me feel better to know that I'm not the only one that hates the following trends... I may be the only woman who does, but at least the men out there seem to have some taste.

1. Ugg boots

The on-set footwear of choice for celebrities (how many times have we seen photos of the “Gossip Girl” crew in gowns and Uggs?) is admittedly hard on the eyes. But in the right situation and when worn with jeans (NOT jean shorts), they’re worth it. If more guys tried on a pair, they’d understand. It's the shoe equivalent of comfort food.

2. Oversized sunglasses

Guys think they make us look like bugs. I think they add glamour and drama. But, I’ll concede one point: It’s important to find a size and shape that actually fits your face.

3. Jumpsuits

Even stylish and svelte women like Blake Lively and Kourtney Kardashian can barely pull them off. I understand the retro appeal, but they’re awfully hard to look good in. Guys win this one.

4. Red lipstick

This one was a surprise. Apparently, some guys find the un-kissability factor a turnoff. I think there's nothing sexier than red lips, gold eyeshadow and extra long lashes.

5. Harem pants

Celebrities like Julianne Moore and Jessica Alba have tried their best to make them look halfway decent, but there’s no way anyone can honestly say there isn’t a more flattering option then a pair of pants that look like they come with a built-in diaper. Guys win this one, too.

6. Socks with sandals

Respected indie fashionistas like Chloe Sevigny and Alexa Chung valiantly tested the trend but I say the sexiness of a strappy sandal is undercut by a wooly underlayer.


No comments: