Sunday, April 24, 2011

GRADUATION!!!

This weekend I officially graduated from BYU!! Okay, technically I was already graduated--the diploma has been sitting on my shelf for the past four months--but it really didn't feel all that real until I donned the cap and gown--then suddenly it hit me. It was awesome--seriously, I didn't expect to have so much fun, but I did! It was one of the best days of my life. :)
Okay, to be honest, here is my favorite part of the entire day: for graduation, my absolutely AMAZING and talented mother made me this BEAUTIFUL dress!
and I made a few accessories to match:
and since during graduation only your shoes actually show under the graduation gown, I made some nice bright shoe clips to match my new dress:
and they even kind of match with the BYU gold and blue graduation gear.
That amazing mother of mine:
The ceremony went surprisingly well--I rather enjoyed the speakers, especially the Dean of the Humanities college, who focused his words on forgetting--at graduation they are always focused on what we need to remember, but he reminded us that the ability to forget is essential to. In the words of Borges,

"To think is to forget--to forget differences, generalize, make abstractions..."
Amazing.

After the ceremony the graduates all headed out the tunnel to say goodbye to our professors--I was so excited to see Dr. Tate there! It seems like I haven't seen him since our wonderful times in London--he is such a wonderful WONDERFUL teacher!
Then back into the sunlight--where I suffered the most epic fall of all time--okay, maybe not the best, but it was pretty awesome. Too bad it didn't occur when I went up on stage to get my diploma... anyway, I limped around and finally found my family, where my amazing parents were waiting to greet me. <3
And my wonderful grandparents--I walked today just for you Grandpa! <3
My Aunt Jeanmarie, Uncle Jim, and favorite cousin, Andy--I was so excited they came!!
It was surprisingly a ridiculously sunny day... :)
After pictures were taken and congratulations were said, the parents took me out for dinner at Outback Steakhouse--I couldn't believe how much I ate, but then again, it was basically my first meal of the entire day! (I was slightly stressed trying to get to graduation on time). Plus, the food was beyond delicious, so it was well worth it.
What a wonderful day! I love school, and I am so proud of my accomplishments, but the most important thing that the day reiterated for me was how wonderful my family is--thanks guys, I love you!!

P.S. Even after the fact graduation continues to bring joy to my life--this post was featured by Christine at Craft Geordi--and the one and only feature that day to boot! :)

Photobucket

27 comments:

Allison said...

I just popped over from flamingo toes' linky party...Congrats on your graduation - you looked fabulous!

Katie Houston said...

Congratuations, Kellianne! you're wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How exciting! And those shoes you wore are absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing with So Sweet Sundays! Happy Easter! :)

Katy Marie said...

Dress=amazing! And you look incredible in it.
Congratulations Kellianne!

Jenna said...

That ring is to die for! Congrats on your graduation!

Carolyn said...

Congrats again anniebelle, you're the bestest! We are secretly (or not so secretly) hoping you'll come party with us soon!

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Kelli girl!!! CONGRATS!!! For heavens sake this is such exciting news!! I gotta tell you, I ADORE those shoes! I do I do! Lets hope they get featured on a blog soon! I can't wait to read about your future adventures and all the places you'll go!

Kimberly said...

congrats! Found your blog and love it. Hope you can pop over and visit mine sometime.
http://kimpjourney.blogspot.com

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Just hopped over from the girl creative's linkup because that dress sure caught my eye--it is amazing! I love it! And congrats on graduating! I went to BYU too! (but didn't walk for my graduation . . . so 4 years later I STILL don't feel like I really graduated!)

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

Bloomsandbugs said...

congrats! Stopped by from seven thirty three link party. Loved your dress!

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

hey Pretty girl! Congrats on graduation!!

I LOVE your post and Love your blog!

I would LOVE to have you link up to my Whassup Wednesday Par-Tay! And I have a party button you can grab and put on your blog so your friends can come too:) You have a good chance at being featured!




If you are NOT already a Follower of Elements Interiors....HELLEEERRRR!

Click that Google Follow button and YOU will be ENTERED in my

"Its a SURPRISE!" GIVEAWAY to be announced EVERY MONDAY! Yeppers! You read it right,

a Winner EVERY MONDAY!!! With GREAT Goodies you wont want to miss!!




Hope to see ya at Whassup Wednesday!!!

*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

xoxokara

Im FOLLOWING YOU!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Happy Graduation. Your ring is stunning!


If you have a moment today, please share this with my readers @Creative Juice Thursday. Hope to see yours among all the amazing projects!

Unknown said...

Congrats on graduating!! Love the ring and shoes!!

Unknown said...

Just popped by from Koolbeenz Fresh Fridays to say "HI" and congrats!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

jealous!!! i still have one more semester left after I get through this set of finals...hrumphf. haha.

I love all of your accessories though! You certainly graduated looking very cute!!!! :)

Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

Terry said...

Congrats on graduating from college! Your dress looked amazing, your Mom did a wonderful job!

Christine said...

Congratulations!!! Awesome accomplishment. I didn't do a full feature post but made you the one and only...http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/04/show-and-share-showoffs-16.html

Unknown said...

looks amazing!!!! seriously! that is the way to style up a grad gown!! I go to BYU too :) not graduated yet !! haha.

Cardigans and Cookie Dough

Jami said...

What a lovely post! Your dress and accessories are PERFECT! I'm so glad you linked it to the Tuesday To Do party! Can't wait to see what lovely you post next!
smiles!
Jami

Unknown said...

Hi Kellianne~

What a wonderful accomplishment, thank you for sharing your special day!! The accessories are adorable too. :) Thanks for linking to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last week, looking forward to seeing what you share this week.

Drop By The Tattered Tag

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I wish my mom made me amazing dresses! Love the flowers clips for the shoes! Thanks for linking to Workshop Wednesday, hope to see you this week!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS on graduation lady!!! And such a lovely outfit to wear to celebrate!!! Thanks for sharing on Fancy This Fridays!!!

Bird said...

I'm here from the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop. OMG! I love, love love your dress, shoes and especially the ring!! I'll be following now :-)

Please feel free to check me out at www.busymamabird.blogspot.com or www.disneybird.blogspot.com

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Congrats! Btw, I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

mackyton said...

I am so happy for you and yes congratulations dear. Glad to see your graduation party. Your parents really did a great job in making this day so special. It reminded me of my niece’s graduation party that was arranged at one of Seattle venues where I did all the arrangements and everyone loved it.

TIPA said...

Useful Information, your blog is sharing unique information...
Thanks for sharing!!! 

Course in commerce after 12th

Admin said...

I appreciate you spreading the word.
BA Exam Time Table
BSC Exam Time Table