Saturday, April 2, 2011

Haute Zipper Necklace 1

At our conference last month we took a class on zippers--they use zippers in everything these days!--but the best part was that it was a hands-on class, so we got to make our own! These necklaces are completely made of zippers--time consuming, but totally worth it.


Look at those tiny yoyos! I couldn't believe that TinkerMama (that's my mom--one amazing lady) took the time and serious patience to make them--my necklace (#2) didn't have that luxury I'm afraid--but hers turned out so beautifully!

And you've gotta love the Swarovski crystals--just adds that perfect extra touch.



Just beautiful! Check out the next post for TinkerAnnieBelle's version of the Haute Zipper Necklace.

4/11/11 Post Edit: This week I am linking to the Spring has Sprung Party over at Craftaholics Anonymous--check it out!

This project FEATURED at Reasons to Skip Housework!

10 comments:

madison avenue said...

those flowers look really good! i have never been talented enough to be able to do that! haha. thanks for linking it up!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

WOAH! what a statement necklace!so cool!

S: I'm doing a giveaway on my blog for $20 to my etsy shop, so if you like pretty jewelry you should come enter!! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-spring-fling-giveaway.html

MN MONA said...

OMG I sew and I make yoyo's. Thank you for the cute idea!! I hope I can make my zipper flowers look as nice as yours.

Jen said...

What a fun necklace. thanks for sharing at Fantastic Friday.

Unknown said...

How creative is this?!? Zippers are all the "rage" these days... haha! Thanks for linking to Fancy This Fridays!!

Jami said...

Your zipper flowers are gorgeous! I hope you stop by the Tuesday To Do party and share them!

http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/04/tuesday-to-do-5-and-4-list-makers.html

Smiles!
Jami

Renee Hand said...

Very unique and pretty. I never wouls have thought about doing something like that. Love it. I am following you through the hop. http://thecryptocapersseries.blogspot.com
www.reneeahand.com
Thanks
Renee

Jaderbomb said...

Hey girl!! Thanks for linking up to my party!!!! I love this craft!!! SO CUTE!!!

Marilyn said...

Awesome blog.. Linking up from the last boost my blog Friday.. I love your posts.. I'm Marilyn from next door at http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/ - hope you can stop by sometime.. TY *Officially following ya*

Unknown said...

Love this! Thanks so much for linking up at Make Something Something Mondays! I'm excited to see what you've done this week!!

~ Sarah