Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What I Wore

This week--one of my all time favorite dresses. This fabric was a clearance find--ULTRA clearance, like 50 cents a yard! It was a steal--but, there was a reason it was so cheap--slightly wavy lines that seemed almost impossible to match up, and a fabric texture that was a pain to sew on--but I can't pass up a deal that good, so I got the fabric and made this:
 The reason I love this dress so much--besides that I think it's just so beautiful of course ;) --is that it DOESN'T WRINKLE--not one bit! It's the perfect travel dress; I can wad it up into a sandwich Ziploc even and take it with me anywhere, it's ridiculously comfortable, and I can still look stylish no matter where I go. I love it.
 Oh, and since this Summer has been so strange--it was actually raining! So out came my new rain jacket and matching umbrella:
Dress: Made by me! with clearance fabric, $2-3
Boots: Payless after winter clearance sale
Earrings: Rue 21 clearance, $1
Rain jacket: H&M clearance rack

Let the rain kiss you.  Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops.  Let the rain sing you a lullaby.  ~Langston Hughes

2 comments:

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

I love it! Beautiful post..lovely composition. Thanks for sharing:)
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Estella said...

Adorable from beginning to end!