Sunday, August 28, 2011
However, for now I just want to quickly focus on the frustration beforehand part--sometimes things don't work out like you think they should, or hope that they should, and you just keep wondering what you're doing wrong, or what more you need to do, or you dwell on the mistakes of the past, or you remember better times and wonder if happy days will ever be here again... it happens to everyone, don't worry. My advice is simple, but it's the best advice I've ever received: KEEP MOVING FORWARD. Have you ever seen Disney's MEET THE ROBINSONS? If you haven't, I very highly recommend it--feel good movie, funny, and has a great message-->KEEP MOVING FORWARD! The main character is a cute little boy with some serious self-confidence problems (yes, none of us can relate to that I'm sure), and he has to learn that everyone makes mistakes--what's important is that you keep moving forward in life, because there are so many wonderful things yet to come.
Saturday, August 27, 2011
- Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Pass this award along to 10 recently discovered blogs.
- I honestly believe that sometimes life really does have better plans.
- My puppy is basically my baby, and I am biased into thinking that everyone needs a dog.
- I have the most adorable niece on the planet and I am so excited to go and see her this Fall!!
- I'm quite nearly the only person I know who doesn't own a Smart Phone, an Ipod Touch, I-phone, or a tablet or some sort (I just barely upgraded from a 512mb MP3 player... I live a simple life).
- I wear slippers even in the Summer.
- Halloween is hands-down my favorite holiday.
- I have a hole in my head.
Friday, August 26, 2011
Thursday, August 25, 2011
And Eva with necklace, flower, and beautiful dress (made by my very own TinkerMama!):
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
- The skirt is a Tinkeranniebelle original, made with ribbon found in a bin of leftovers and clearance Walmart fabric (I think it was intended for kitchen curtains or something--what with all the oranges, pineapples, and lemons plastered all over it).
- Headband, shoes, and necklace = under $5.
- Earrings = made by my little brother! Seriously--remember how I said we make polymer play goodies as a family? Yup, he totally made those little orange rose earrings (orange is his favorite color). Pretty dang cool.
Monday, August 22, 2011
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
- Entire outfit: Less than $10--yup, that's about my price range on everything. ;)
- Skirt: Made by me! :)
- Shoes: Payless Clearance, but I will admit on this one that there is one drawback to clearance--these shoes are just 1/2 to 1 size too big, so walking in them is sometimes a challenge. But you know? They fit my budget, so it's worth it. :)
Monday, August 8, 2011
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
- Dress: Made by me! End of Summer clearance fabric (nothing beats a flirty sun dress, NOTHING!)
- Shoes: $4, End of summer Payless clearance (salmon--my favorite color!)
- Puppy: My Vera-Queen! Couldn't have a perfect Summer afternoon without her. :)
Monday, August 1, 2011
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Express. All opinions are 100% mine.
"I have often said that I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectaular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity -- all I hope for in my clothes." ~ Yves Saint Laurent
As I was running errands the other day, it dawned on me that the end of Summer is near--the stores are suddenly filled with back to school items and supplies! Although I am not attending school this fall (for the first time in my life time! It's SOOO weird), and although school is one of those crazy, stressful, ulcer-causing areas of life, I actually am quite fond of the back-to-school feeling; like Tom Hanks in You've Got Mail, I would love a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils. What can I say, I just love that feeling of starting something new--plus, what's the best part about going back to school? NEW CLOTHES. :) Of course! July and August were always my favorite growing up because my mom would take us shopping for new clothes--it was better than Christmas.
So, in the mood of Back-to-School shopping, head over to EXPRESS check out their latest and greatest, especially their amazing line of Express jeans! I believe that you can never have enough jeans--they are the staple to life, dressed up or casual, you can never go wrong with a pair of jeans. The most wonderful thing about Express jeans is that whatever style your looking for--jean leggings, skinny jeans, straight, skyscraper, barely boot, bootcut, flare (my personal favorite), or wide leg (my other favorite)--EXPRESS has them, seriously! I love EXPRESS, because their clothes are trendy yet classy--perfect for anything, and you know that my style is as bipolar as our Utah weather, so these are just great.
Okay, but let's get to the BEST part of going back to school with Express jeans--they are giving away 50 FREE pairs--FREE! That's my favorite word of all time. Head over to their Facebook page to enter the Express giveaway--FREE JEANS, WHAT COULD BE BETTER?
Additionally, if you head over to EXPRESS, they are having a SALE (my other favorite word) on women's jeans right now--Buy 1, get 1 50% off!
I'm totally digging these red skinny jeans--gotta get me a pair for sure!
Or these lovely dark flare jeans--love the tab of triple buttons at the top!
Or, of course for my casual every day favorites, these light wash flair jeans: