Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What I Wore

Where I grew up, ORANGE was the equivlient of EVIL (high school rivalries--my mom taught at our local high scohol, and then I went there, and well... our school color was green, theirs was orange, so yeah... somehow rivalies seem to stick). I owned ONE orange shirt (to wear on Ugly Orange Day). However, having been out of high school for longer than I dare admit, I have come to absoultey LOVE the color orange--it's just so bright, and fun, and full of life! Orange rocks my world. Why is orange so cool? Well, according to the symbolism of it (I'm a Humanities grad, I LOVE this stuff):

ORANGE, a close relative of red, sparks more controversy than any other hue. There is usually strong positive or negative association to orange and true orange generally elicits a stronger "lot it" or "hate it" response than any other colors.

Makes sense why I would like it, right? Fits my personality just perfectly! ;)

So, this week's What I Wore is all about Orange!


  • The skirt is a Tinkeranniebelle original, made with ribbon found in a bin of leftovers and clearance Walmart fabric (I think it was intended for kitchen curtains or something--what with all the oranges, pineapples, and lemons plastered all over it).


  • Headband, shoes, and necklace = under $5.
  • Earrings = made by my little brother! Seriously--remember how I said we make polymer play goodies as a family? Yup, he totally made those little orange rose earrings (orange is his favorite color). Pretty dang cool.


Enjoy the rest of Summer while it's still here!

No comments: