Thursday, December 1, 2011

I am Thankful...

So, the weekend before and week of Thanksgiving, I found myself glued to  a sewing machine, embroidering logos on these shirts for Timpview's Marching Band Trip to Hawaii (personally I think my mom and I should have gone as a reward for doing all those shirts--130 shirts by the way, front and back, in only a few short days--be impressed).

Monday night we didn't go to bed--it was AWFUL--staring at an embroidery machine that long does things to the mind... anyhow, Tuesday morning I debated about calling in sick to work so that I could stay and help my mom finish the shirts--I know she could have used the help, but I needed to get out of the hosue for a few hours (it was only a half day at school), and I felt bad leaving the kids on their last school day before Thanksgiving. When I got to school, I seriously doubted my decision--the kids were OFF THE WALL! Holidays do that to first graders, I'm afraid it will only get worse until Christmas is over, but more on that later... I was about ready to cry from lack of sleep and hyper-active 6 year olds. Then something miraculous happened...

The kids had to write a page about what they were grateful for--most papers consisted of things like "I am grateful for chocolate," or "I am grateful for Recess," or "I am grateful for Christmas and presents and candy," you know, the important things like that. I had to go through and grade their papers, which allowed me to discover these lovely things:


 


And suddenly it was all worth it. This is why I love my job. <3

1 comment:

Katy Marie said...

This is totally precious and adorable and you definitely deserve it!!!